We have scheduled a make-up session with CLE for June 4, 2019 at 3p EST.
Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) will impose burdensome GDPR-like transparency and individual rights requirements on almost every company that handles “personal information” regarding California residents, regardless of where the business is based. The Act will impact information regarding not only consumers, but also employees and business contacts.
- Scope and applicability (e.g., what companies, data and processes will be impacted)
- Key requirements (e.g., privacy statement, individual rights, etc.)
- Contextual comparisons to existing US law and GDPR
- Suggested steps to build a CCPA compliance program efficiently and effectively
- Practical tips to manage risk and leverage existing compliance processes where possible
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions during the program, with a full Q&A session to follow.
If you would like to attend, or have colleagues who would, please register any interested parties.